- LME Clear opens for business 22 September 2014 | 3:23 pm
- How to build a better SunGard 22 September 2014 | 2:56 pm
- Russian Central Bank moves to restore trust as Swift rejects EU exclusion request 22 September 2014 | 11:33 am
- Is your analytics solution getting the better of you? 19 September 2014 | 1:33 pm
- BNP Paribas and SIX target Belgian payments “monopoly” 19 September 2014 | 9:36 am
About the Banking Technology Awards
***Entry is now closed for the 2014 Banking Technology Awards and the shortlist will be announced at the end of September 2014***
The 15th annual Banking Technology Awards will take place on 20th November at the Tower Hotel in London. The incredibly successful Awards have become established as the premier event recognising excellence in the use of IT in financial services.
The Readers' Choice Awards and the Banking Technology Judged Awards will be handed out at a glitzy black tie ceremony and dinner hosted by top comedian Lucy Porter.
A finalist on Channel 4's So You Think You're Funny?, Lucy is a regular on Radio 4 panel and comedy shows, amd has also appeared a number of times on Have I Got News For You and Mock the Week.
Each year the event has grown as an ever-wider pool of entrants vie for the recognition that the Awards confer on their efforts – from small regional banks in central Europe and Africa to industry behemoths with multi-million budgets and global projects, all are put under the scrutiny of our expert judging panel.
The 2013 event was a huge success and was attended by more than 300 senior banking and financial technology executives.
Banking Technology began publication in 1984 as two waves of change swept over the financial services sector: deregulation of the banking industry and the microcomputer revolution that made business computing affordable.
Thirty years on, and the industry is now being re-regulated at the same time as a global mobile revolution is giving ubiquitous connectivity to smartphone-enabled consumers. The ‘big bang’ that deregulated investment banking may have peaked as re-regulation gathers pace post-crash and HFT comes under increasing scrutiny but the technological ‘big bang’ is on-going and encouraging a strengthening move from branch to digital banking and automated trading.
Taking this as a starting point the Banking Technology Forum 2014 event, co-located with the prestigious annual Banking Technology Awards and in recognition of the title’s 30th anniversary year, will consider the state of the industry at this new technological turning point.
Avoiding nostalgia and futurology, the 30th anniversary conference on 20 November at the Tower Hotel, London, will examine the lessons of the past and ask what the major trends and developments of the next few years will be. To find out how we got here and where the FS and fintech world is going, attendance at this in-depth Forum is recommended for directors, CTOs, CIOs, CISO and other banking technologists.
Register now for your complimentary delegate pass - Spaces are limited!
Banking Technology Awards 2014 categories
- Best Industry Infrastructure Initiative
- Best Institutional Infrastructure Initiative
- Best Online/Mobile Banking Service
- Best Payments System or Service Initiative
- Best Cybersecurity Initiative
- Best Trading Platform or Venue
- Best Use of IT in Retail Banking
- Best Use of IT in Investment Banking
- Best Use of IT in Wholesale/Transaction Banking
- Best Use of IT for the purposes of risk/regulatory change
- Best Use of Mobile Technology in Financial Services
- CIO of the Year
- IT Team of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution by a Female in Financial Technology
Why should you book a table for the event?
- Unique networking opportunity: The ceremony is attended by key players and decision makers from the industry
- Identify new business: You will be able to meet potential clients face-to-face and make new and invaluable relationships
- Increase brand awareness: Make sure your company has a presence at the industry event of the year
- Develop your business strategy: Industry professionals from across the world attend this event, it is the perfect opportunity to see what your competitors are up to
- Building client and employee relationships: This glitzy event is also the perfect way to entertain your clients and reward your teams
Whether you have been nominated for an award or would like to network with colleagues on the night, a table is essential. Each table seats 10 – a great way of entertaining clients, business partners and prospects at our dazzling awards show.
You and your distinguished guests will join hundreds to share in the success of the banking technology industry as the prestigious awards recognise and reward excellence.
Demand for tables is always high. Please note that we operate a first come, first served system for table bookings. Table Options:
- Standard table(s) of 10 at £3250+VAT per table (Includes the champagne reception, 3 course dinner and entertainment – drinks to be ordered directly with the venue)
- Premium table(s) of 10 at £3950+VAT per table (Includes the standard package plus premium seating, 2 bottles of house champagne and 5 bottles of wine)