- Ex-Deutsche Bank head trader launches investor app 29 August 2014 | 11:45 am
- Data veteran Dalglish takes transformation role at SmartStream 29 August 2014 | 10:02 am
- Western Union expands account-to-account transfer network in Europe 28 August 2014 | 11:22 am
- Moral hazard: the ghost of bail-outs past 28 August 2014 | 6:27 am
- Faisal Bank gets to grips with Islamic risks 26 August 2014 | 4:27 pm
About the Banking Technology Awards
***Entry is now closed for the 2014 Banking Technology Awards and the shortlist will be announced at the end of September 2014***
The 15th annual Banking Technology Awards will take place on 20th November at the Tower Hotel in London. The incredibly successful Awards have become established as the premier event recognising excellence in the use of IT in financial services.
The Readers' Choice Awards and the Banking Technology Judged Awards will be handed out at a glitzy black tie ceremony and dinner hosted by top comedian Lucy Porter.
A finalist on Channel 4's So You Think You're Funny?, Lucy is a regular on Radio 4 panel and comedy shows, amd has also appeared a number of times on Have I Got News For You and Mock the Week.
Each year the event has grown as an ever-wider pool of entrants vie for the recognition that the Awards confer on their efforts – from small regional banks in central Europe and Africa to industry behemoths with multi-million budgets and global projects, all are put under the scrutiny of our expert judging panel.
The 2013 event was a huge success and was attended by more than 300 senior banking and financial technology executives.
Why should you book a table for the event?
- Unique networking opportunity: The ceremony is attended by key players and decision makers from the industry
- Identify new business: You will be able to meet potential clients face-to-face and make new and invaluable relationships
- Increase brand awareness: Make sure your company has a presence at the industry event of the year
- Develop your business strategy: Industry professionals from across the world attend this event, it is the perfect opportunity to see what your competitors are up to
- Building client and employee relationships: This glitzy event is also the perfect way to entertain your clients and reward your teams
Whether you have been nominated for an award or would like to network with colleagues on the night, a table is essential. Each table seats 10 – a great way of entertaining clients, business partners and prospects at our dazzling awards show.
You and your distinguished guests will join hundreds to share in the success of the banking technology industry as the prestigious awards recognise and reward excellence.
Demand for tables is always high. Please note that we operate a first come, first served system for table bookings. Table Options:
- Standard table(s) of 10 at £3250+VAT per table (Includes the champagne reception, 3 course dinner and entertainment – drinks to be ordered directly with the venue)
- Premium table(s) of 10 at £3950+VAT per table (Includes the standard package plus premium seating, 2 bottles of house champagne and 5 bottles of wine)
To book a table contact:To book your tables or for more information please contact: Sadie Jones on +44 203 377 3506 or email@example.com
Banking Technology Awards 2014 categories
- Best Industry Infrastructure Initiative
- Best Institutional Infrastructure Initiative
- Best Online/Mobile Banking Service
- Best Payments System or Service Initiative
- Best Cybersecurity Initiative
- Best Trading Platform or Venue
- Best Use of IT in Retail Banking
- Best Use of IT in Investment Banking
- Best Use of IT in Wholesale/Transaction Banking
- Best Use of IT for the purposes of risk/regulatory change
- Best Use of Mobile Technology in Financial Services
- CIO of the Year
- IT Team of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution by a Female in Financial Technology
Lucy has been a huge hit with comedy audiences up and down the country for over ten years with her distinctive, bouncy, feel-good comedy. She has continued to travel internationally with her stand-up – taking in the far East & including shows in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Macau, Manila, Switzerland and Paris. She was also invited to Miami to take part in NBC’s Last Comic Standing and has performed in the States for NBC and HBO at their Las Vegas Comedy Festival. She’s also regularly invited to festivals closer to home including Manchester, Glasgow and the prestigious Kilkenny festival, as well as other mud-soaked scrums such as Latitude.
Lucy is a regular face and voice on TV and radio panel shows and is a glutten for a good quiz show. You may have seen her alongside Ed Byrne providing pointless answer after pointless answer on a Celeb special of BBC 1’s Pointless, or seen her emerge victorious from a well-fought battle for the title of Celebrity Mastermind Champion in a Children In Need special.Lucy fended off stiff competition from Mark Watson and Dave Spikey and broke records by achieving the highest ever celebrity score.
She has also appeared on two series of Mock the Week, two series of Argumental, Have I Got News for You, Clive Anderson’s Chat Room, Never Mind the Buzzcocks and What the Dickens? On Radio 4, she has been heard on Life – An Idiot’s Guide, Heresy, The Personality Test and The Unbelievable Truth, and is a regular guest on BBC 6Music on The Radcliffe & Maconie Show.
Lucy also played the lead role in Guy Jenkin’s (Outnumbered and Drop the Dead Donkey) sitcom pilot Fried Brain Sandwich. She has starred in three 5 minute vignettes entitled LucyLoves You, a series of mini sitcom episodes about her bizarre home life. She has played Nurse Flinn in the critically acclaimed, box-office record breaking run of One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest in Edinburgh and London’s West End, alongside Christian Slater. She also acted in BBC 2′s Broken News and in 2011 filmed a guest role in Outnumbered.
She remains amongst the most sought-after comedy writers in Britain and was one of the lead writers on ITV1′s prime-time Sunday night satirical animation series Headcases.
Lucy has also moved into the world of film and she (along with Green Wing writers Fay Rusling and Oriane Messina) has a feature script (working title Queen of Comedy) on the development slate at leading Brit film company Warp X.
Lucy is also a popular voiceover artist and currently voices the weekly instalments on Access TV, which deliver a funny and concise round up of all things Playstation, with reviews and tips about recently released games and consoles.
Recently Lucy has contributed to various publications as a columnist, including City AM and Mother & Baby.