- Fintech funding round-up: 23 January 2017 23 January 2017 | 2:45 pm
- Deloitte opens blockchain lab in Dublin 23 January 2017 | 2:33 pm
- Starling Bank first digital challenger to join Faster Payments 23 January 2017 | 1:43 pm
- The Monday mindset: 23 January 2017 23 January 2017 | 12:28 pm
- IBM: AI needs more than just technology 23 January 2017 | 12:00 pm
London’s Air Ambulance
London’s Air Ambulance is the charity that delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in London.
Using a helicopter by day and rapid response cars by night, a doctor and paramedic team can be at a patient’s side within minutes, providing life-saving medical interventions, such as open chest surgery, blood transfusion, and anaesthesia, at the roadside. The charity serves over 10 million people who live, work and travel in the capital and cover the area approximately bordered by the M25 motorway, a geography of 600 square miles.
London’s Air Ambulance treats on average 5 seriously injured people a day. Founded in 1989, the charity has treated over 35,000 critically injured people and attended most major incidents since inception.
London’s Air Ambulance has an international reputation for clinical excellence and delivers pioneering procedures which have been adopted across the world.
Is to provide our patients with the world’s most innovative and effective pre-hospital care
The standard of clinical care at London’s Air Ambulance and the level of innovation consistently delivered by the service are reflected in clinical outcomes and translate into lives saved within and beyond the borders of London.
Our medical innovations
We were the first air ambulance in the UK to:
- Carry a doctor on board at all times
- Provide 24/7 service
- Perform open heart surgery (thoracotomy) on scene
- Administer anaesthetic on scene
- Administer blood transfusions on scene
London’s Air Ambulance is currently fundraising to:
- Maintain the core life-saving service
- Raise funds to now maintain two helicopters
- Continue delivering extended daylight flying hours
- Fund clinical innovations and pioneering procedures
In 2015, London’s Air Ambulance attended:
1826 Patient missions
To find out more, please visit www.londonsairambulance.co.uk